Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Video blog

       I didn't like doing this video. It was very hard to do. It was my worst video yet. Hopefully my next will be better. I can't wait to try and redeem myself. That was hard because in the middle I started thinking of a bunch of stuff and was about to say my words wrong. That was really a stressing time. Hopefullyyou enjoy this video.
  • The Big Idea: Describe your team's game topic. What is the most important concept you want your players to learn? My team’s game topic is jobs and high school dropouts. My math concept is dividing and multiplying fractions. I want people to learn that if you try to do everything that you want to do in life you’ll succeed but if you quit you’ll never get what you want.
  • Making Decisions as a Team: How did your individual ideas from "Imagining Your Game" come together for your team game topic? How did your team decide the topic? The ideas i had for “imagining my game” helped because i was just going to do jobs but then i found out 347,000 and 544,000 in grades 10-12 leave high school. That is a reason why people don’t get jobs so i am including this in my game. I chose dividing fractions because we are doing that in math class and all of my team is in my math class so that is why we are doing that math topic.
  • Roles & Responsibilities: Tell us more about your team process. Please each talk about your specific roles, and how you work together. I am a one man team so i make all of the ideas by myself. I do argue with myself though. I think of what colors i should put down and what names and stuff should be.
  • Research: What kind of research went into the way you will express the game topic? I didn’t really need research but i made sure i knew exactly how to answer all of my math problems so i won’t mess up in the game.
  • The User Experience: Explain the game play. What actions does the player take in the game? Has this changed since you first started planning your game? Why? At first he will be flipping patties and the stuff will cook and when it dings you flip it. When it rings again you touch it and put it on a patty. This hasn’t changed because i knew i would makew my guy work at a restaurant.
  • Mastering Flash: What Flash resources have been most helpful in your learning so far, and why? How did you locate these resources?<font color=green> My teacher has helped me the most. She always helps us when we need it.</font>
  • Overcoming Challenges: What curriculum topic has been most difficult for you so far? How did you overcome this difficulty? Drawing stuff on flash is a difficult for me because i am really bad at art but i keep trying and now i am getting better.


No comments:

Post a Comment